Replacing cartridge for Mira 415 Combiforce shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we have a Mira Combiforce 415 BIV shower which we have had for a number of years. Just lately the shower head has been dripping when the control is off. I have read this is likely to be the cartridge at fault (I can't understand how it could be the washer in the hose to head connector as also suggested, as surely if the control is off there should be no flow through the hose anyway?).
Anyway my question is, as a very basic DIY-er - is it relatively easy to replace the cartridge, my concern is that the control knob is set on a tiled wall and although the hose and head are not built into the wall, can I get to everything I need to simply by undoing the control knob.
Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Sponsored Links
Yes it should be a fairly straightforward job to remove and replace the cartridge.
Mira showers are designed well so that they are very easy to repair.
I have never worked on that model, but generally it will only be a careful removal of the control knob parts to reveal usually 4 bolts to to remove cartridge.
Obviously you need to have hot and cold water isolated.
Need to put a heavy cover over shower tray to protect it and basic screwdrivers and perhaps going to need a slight smear of silicone grease for seals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back