Replacing cartridge on kitchen tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have one of these and the drinking water tap has started to leak (the side not shown in the video). I can't work out how to get at that cartridge. The handle can be unscrewed which gives partial site of some brass (probably the shaft of the cartridge) but the head seems solidly attached.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how access might be gained?

Sponsored Links
Pour very, hot not boiling, water over the handle and at the same tine tap it off with a hammer, wrap handle in cloth to prevent marking. It probably wont work, if the build up of scale is bad, in which case it is time for a new tap.

Pour very, hot not boiling, water over the handle and at the same tine tap it off with a hammer, wrap handle in cloth to prevent marking. It probably wont work, if the build up of scale is bad, in which case it is time for a new tap.
Thanks I'll give that a try. I really hope it's not time for a new tap because I have a low pressure system (.1 bar likely) and it's very difficult to find that kind of tap.

Sponsored Links
Try some crack it spray, wd-40 or as above with the boiling water (albeit it’s plastic cartridge).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back