Tap indice won't come off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am having trouble with a tap that runs even when stopped. I know it is the cold side by using the isolator valves. I have removed the lever from the tap handle, and then unscrewed the shroud which then allowed me to access the cartridge which I unscrewed from the tap. However, I cannot separate the cartridge from the tap handle. The indice seems to be flush with the tap handle. I am not sure if it is supposed to come off to access a screw underneath and if it does by screwing off or pulling apart. I have tried using a knife and screwdriver but cannot get it to move and also cannot see any other way to separate the handle from the cartridge.

The blue gasket could do with a replacement but I have been told that I may need to replace the whole cartridge hence needing to remove it.

Has anybody encountered a tap like this?

20220103_052953.jpg 20220103_053023.jpg 20220104_152039.jpg 20220104_153407.jpg 20220104_153452.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does it unscrew? (might need to wear rubber glove and push down to get it moving).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back