Tap removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a stupid question but how do I remove these taps to replace the cartridge??

Had similar taps before where the caps come off to allow screw holding tap handles to be removed. These caps don’t appear to come off (either pull or unscrew) and are part of the handle…

IMG_9234.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Looks like the tap might unscrew on the chrome 5mm down from top

Yeah that’s what I originally assumed but there’s absolutely no movement in it at all and doesn’t appear to separate - couldnt even get a Stanley blade under it.

Give it a soak and wipe with descaler spray, it may be just stuck together with limescale from the looks of it.

At the very least you'll then be able to tell which are separate parts with a join between and what is cosmetic fakery, as is often the case with retro-styled stuff.

looks pretty much the same as my taps - which have been trouble
use the nut at base
there is a grub screw under the top which screw off - but doesnt need undoing

i have had all these taps apart and we have quite a few
company went bust a while back

loads of trouble with the bath taps, replaced 3 times, while company existed and ended up replacing with a different make recently

Attachments

• IMG_2765 (1).jpeg
    IMG_2765 (1).jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 16

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back