Tap handle removal!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Please can anybody help me figure out how to remove a specific tap handle. I want to upload a picture of the taps but unfortunately I can't do that from my phone.
It's a bath tap. I want to remove the handle from the hot tap as the flow is minimal.
It is a chrome tap with a cylindrical handle which has 4 small 'spindles' coming out horizontally from the handle. These 4 'spindles' unscrew leaving just the cylindrical handle and 4 holes. There is also what looks like a cap at the top of the handle but I can't remove it at all. I'm pretty convinced that it isn't a cap at all and just the design. I've tried prising it off with a Stanley knife & also a small screwdriver and hammer. It doesn't budge. There are no visible screws and it doesn't seem to pull off either. Any ideas? I can email a photo of the taps if it helps.

Many thanks in advance.

Martin

Sponsored Links
I having to replace basin taps and a bath/shower mixer tap for a similar reason because the splash covers are circular - mole grips will not get a purchase. The replacements have a small hex/octa section for a wrench.

20160831_223110-240x427.jpg
20160831_223110-240x427.jpg

Sponsored Links
The cap you've identified on top would have unscrewed when it was new. Might need soaking in Killrock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back