Replacing combi boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing our gas Central heating boiler(ferroli) with a new combi boiler(baxi). Dont worry, I'm having a gas safe engineer do the connecting up.
My problem is that i think there is a small leak on the system as when the boiler is off, during the course of the night, the boiler loses pressure then fails to error mode. So i have to top up with water and reset. Its not a great amount of water. So can anyone recommend a good pour in sealer to sort this problem?

Sponsored Links
Very good. Might just try an egg white, used to work on my old metro :)

Gif your getting a new boiler just pay the bloke to find the leak and get the job done properly.

Sponsored Links
I'm replacing our gas Central heating boiler(ferroli) with a new combi boiler(baxi). Dont worry, I'm having a gas safe engineer do the connecting up.

When we read that we immediately think that the engineer is not going to be doing the full and proper job which would include identifying and correcting any leaks.

Putting chemical to stop leaks in the system is likely to interfere with the proper cleaning and protection of the system.

Tony

Starting to regret asking now. Was only looking for suggestions to save me ripping up solid oak flooring and then the floorboards etc.

Why is it when people don't get the answer they think they want, they get in a huff.

If your car needed a new engine and one of the mounts was broken, would you be happy to use a bit of bluetack to fix it before fitting the new one?

Pour in leak sealers will reduce the life of components in your system, and may affect the safe operation of pressure relief valves. Once the old boiler is isolated from the system, pressurise the system and see whether you get a drop. As Dan has said, it might well be that the old boiler is leaking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back