Replacing compacted insulation in the loft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My loft had extra layer of insulation installed around 10 years ago and not long later, I had boarded less than 1/3 of the attic floor.

What I did was to cut the insulation between the joists, squeezed them in and screw the board down.

However, I have just found out it can affect the effectiveness of the insulation cover and that I have noticed two rooms seems a bit cooler than the rest of the rooms so I am planning to remove the board but will these insulation need to be replaced as they were already compacted?

Sponsored Links
Nevermind, I went ahead removing some boarding area and also moved about the insulation to rise them up and it seemed to hold the height fine, maybe not quite as high as uncovered insulation so they seemed ok. See how it goes and maybe I could top it up with extra roll later on if needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back