Replacing conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fancy taking off the leaky, windy ply roof and building a timber and slate roof to replace it. I understand BC will want to be involved as there is insulation involved (as I understand it) but as a general point, will a seemingly sturdy connie be able to withstand the weight of such a roof?

I would put a ring beam all around to spread the load, and basically do what a firm such as this one does. note I am not connected to that company.

Maybe slate to match the house or those recycled rubber slates (though we live next to the sea so a bit concerned over wind-lift)

Sponsored Links
Unlikely a conservatory will support the weight of a slate roof with associated timbers, even with a ring beam.
Building control would only be interested if you were removing the external door between the main house and conservatory and attempting to get the u values to conform to a habitable room...again unlikely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back