Replacing conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
I am planning on replacing my old aluminium conservatory with a dwarf wall one with insulated roof. I am looking into the roof part to make sure it can be done as part of a conservatory rather than extension. I looks like it is possible.

My question relates to footings. The original slab is raised as is the patio. What I am thinking is to extend the slab with new footing to the front. You will see the degree to which the garden drops away. The original is 3m deep and if I go to 3.5m (detached house) then I can incorporate it all into the retaining wall by removing it and digging new footings. My question is am I right in thinking this way. The footings would be right down at ground level and remove all the issues of footings in the raised area. I don't mind back filling the area with concrete to ensure more strength. How does the footings get joined to the old? Also how do you join the new slab to the old?

These question are for my own interest as I like to know how it all works before getting trades in.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back