Replacing conventional boiler, with what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving to a house soon, which has an old style boiler with a tank.

Now If I want to change that to the new condensing type boiler, does that mean it has to be a combi, which I know very well but is there another type of condensing boiler, which is not known much.

I don't know which type would be best for the house. It does not have en-suite bathroom.

Sponsored Links
No, you can fit a conventional heat only condensing boiler, if you wish to keep tanks etc.

All types have their pro's and cons, combi removes need for stored water so tanks etc can be removed, however keeping the hot water cylinder gives option for an immersion heater to give backup for hot water in event of boiler breakdown.

No, you can fit a conventional heat only condensing boiler, if you wish to keep tanks etc.

All types have their pro's and cons, combi removes need for stored water so tanks etc can be removed, however keeping the hot water cylinder gives option for an immersion heater to give backup for hot water in event of boiler breakdown.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know if the house I'm buying has a water tank in the loft, all I seen is a cylinder in the bathroom. Hell this boiler could already be a condensing type!

Now if I was to change that to 'conv heat only condensting boiler' do I get rid of the tank and just keep hot water cylinder? or do I have to keep both? Need to find out more about this type of boiler. There is seems to be so much info on combi but not on this type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back