Replacing Corrugated Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm new to the forum.
Could anyone advise me about changing my 3x5m corrugated garage roof.
I fitted a new roof some 15years ago as the old roof was Asbestos.
The new roof is cement fibre corrugated which leaks like a sive especially in heavy rain. I have tried various seals but nothing seems to work.

I am considering fitting a timebr frame with 11mm OSB on top and then applying a GRP finish. Has anyone attempted this type of alteration before.
The garage is a precast concrete structure and the current roof is supported on angle iron beams(3) bolt to the tops of the precast sections. I intend to keep these and fix timber beams to support the new roof. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a lot of work, why don't you just fit three 5 metre box profile steel sheets.

I do a fair bit of woodworking and wish to use the garage for timber storage.
This would creat condensation on the underside at certain times of your and weather situations.
I also want to raise the interior height slightly if possible.

You can get anti condensation sheets which are fleece lined, and you could still higher the roof a bit by putting some timber on your steel work.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back