Replacing damaged bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm re-doing the garden and I need to sort out these bricks that are all damaged beneath the DPC.

Is this in any way a DIY attempt or should I get someone in to replace them?

Attachments

• PXL_20230303_174524644.jpg
    PXL_20230303_174524644.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Easy enough to replace but depends on our level of competence with dangerous hand tools. Search "Mortar Rake" as they are great for taking out individual bricks but they do attach to a grinder hence the competence level needed. Source your replacements before you start as the brick world is a large and varied place and do alternate bricks (hit one / miss one) to minimise the courses above dropping.

Great thanks, I'm slightly wary about what to do with the DPC, do I just replace with new plastic DPC on those bricks? The current DPC crumbles away on those spalled bricks

I've just been quoted £400 to replace those 4 bricks?!

Sponsored Links
Just ensure the new dpc laps onto the existing dpc both sides to maintain the integrity and should be no problems, and throw that quote away, £400 for a few hours work and minimum materials....... ridiculous !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back