Replacing Damp Brick Walls (Breakdown Help Needed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We intend to renovate our 1930s 3 bed semi, nothing was changed from when it was originally built, it’s in disrepair and needs total modernization.
Before contracting a local business we would like to understand the cost and work involved.

We have very little understanding of building and don’t want to get unfairly charged.
We would like to have a good idea of the work that will have to be done and the costs.

It would be extremely helpful if someone can help us create a breakdown, specifically:
-labour
-materials
-work involved

Here’s an overview:
1. The brick partition wall inside of the house 2.5m x 4m is completely damp and has been for some time.
We would like to completely redo this wall.

2. The brick wall on the outside of the house is completely damp.
Looks like the wall will have to be completely redone.
The dimensions of the wall are 20m x 5m.
It also used to have render onto of the bricks, we would like to redo this too.

Thank you in advance,
C

Sponsored Links
It would be so nice if life was that simple! - But alas there are too many variables to do what you have asked.

I think what would be better is to have a Building Surveyor come and have a look at what you are concerned about. Some of the things you have mentioned may be quite unnecessary, others just treating symptons and not problems.

An alternative way is to have a reputable and experienced builder do something similar - but you should only go this route using a builder recommended to you by people you know and trust.

Then you can start looking for quotations.
I'm sorry it does not give you the answer you were looking for.

:LOL: :LOL: Just seen all this in Plumbing :LOL: :LOL: You got more front than Sainsbury`s ;) Send me another £100 checque...for my M8 the General Builder:cool: If you are a genuine young couple needing some advice on building_Plumbing etc. I would consider travelling all the way from Sussex -in retirement and spend a day giving you some advice . BUT if you`re some sort of speculator/ wannabee Landlord :evil:

Sponsored Links
You show us the prices you have along with the specifications and we will tell you whether we think they are high or low.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back