Replacing Drayton lp241 with Siemens rbw27

Hello,

1. The branch pipe goes to the bottom of the cylinder about 100mm up the side. And also tees off to a drain.

2. The pipe after the motorised valve goes through the floor.

3. The arrow on the pump points to the valve.

Dan

Are you sure about the bit in red? s there a manual valve fitted before the drain? pic please if you can

Sponsored Links
On your existing back plate put 3 into 4 then a link from live to 2

Wont be a cylinder stat this was a cheap way of doing fully pumped and wired much the same as a gravity system.
Boiler and pump wired into HW outlet of clock and roomstat and motorised valve wired to CH outlet and clock set for gravity

yes was thinking that the programmer should have two cables in 3 and one in 4 instead of the way it is now

that looks like a 3 core and earth going into the joint box next to the cylinder a pic with the cover removed should help
Matt

By drain bet its some form of air release prossibly using a draincock

Sponsored Links
Mattle one of the lovely bits of our job all those pretty colours of wiring that some put in that never match what L N E should be and then changing colour in a junction enroute to the appliance /component.

For some reason I only use the central heating part of my programmer. I put the central heating on on the programmer and if I only want hot water I turn my thermostat down. Asked a plumber about it once and he said it was a weird way to run the system but my boss who knows quite a bit of stuff thinks my heating is just a really simple system. I'm not bothered anyway as we have the heating on for a couple of hours a day and it just heats the water then. In the summer months we just turn the thermostat right down.

Right after reading this I'm convinced its wired wrong at the programmer
And the 3 and 4 terminals are transposed

It should be programmer end
4 yellow to joint box then to room stat
3 red to pump and brown is the boiler S/L
the programmer should be set to gravity
you will also req linking L,1 and 2 together on your new programmer

Which would make the joint box end
top left - yellow from programmer 4 to roomstat red
bottom left - yellow from room stat to valve
top right - earths
bottom right red from programmer 3 to pump
bottom middle - neutral

Which should make it work as gas122 describes

Matt

Oops apologies I've knocked this post up as not very savvy using my iPad this should be at the end I will repeat it

Its wont be gravity mattle its fully pumped with no control on hot water

Its wont be gravity mattle its fully pumped with no control on hot water

Not the way it's wired at the moment
The pump is fed by the red of a three core
The valve is fed by the yellow of a different three core

The hot water on is to the yellow of a three core
The CH on is to the red of the same three core
The s/l to boiler is fed from the CH on

So at the mo either the ch on red feeds the pump directly
And the HW on yellow feeds the room stat and comes back from the stat via the yellow and feeds the valve

Or the ch on red feeds the room stat yellow and comes back on the red and feeds the pump
And the HW on feeds the valve directly

Wont be a cylinder stat this was a cheap way of doing fully pumped and wired much the same as a gravity system.
Boiler and pump wired into HW outlet of clock and roomstat and motorised valve wired to CH outlet and clock set for gravity

I'm wondering if both 3 and 4 are transposed at the programmer
Ie the red and brown should be in 3 and yellow should be in 4 as that would make sense of above, it may be meter out time

Matt

For some reason I only use the central heating part of my programmer. I put the central heating on on the programmer and if I only want hot water I turn my thermostat down. Asked a plumber about it once and he said it was a weird way to run the system but my boss who knows quite a bit of stuff thinks my heating is just a really simple system. I'm not bothered anyway as we have the heating on for a couple of hours a day and it just heats the water then. In the summer months we just turn the thermostat right down.

Right after reading this I'm convinced its wired wrong at the programmer
And the 3 and 4 terminals are transposed

It should be programmer end
4 yellow to joint box then to room stat
3 red to pump and brown is the boiler S/L
the programmer should be set to gravity
you will also req linking L,1 and 2 together on your new programmer

Which would make the joint box end
top left - yellow from programmer 4 to roomstat red
bottom left - yellow from room stat to valve
top right - earths
bottom right red from programmer 3 to pump
bottom middle - neutral

Which should make it work as gas122 describes

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back