Replacing Element in a Neff oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice. Trying to replace the element in a Neff U1452 oven. Have removed the old element and about to fit the new one. I noted the connections from the old one, 2 red wires into a single connector and 1 blue wire. Just about to push back into position and noticed another wire (another red) . I did not remove this from the old element but did it come loose when I pulled out the element? Not sure if it needs to be connected and if so where it goes, or just a wire that is not required.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
without looking I can not be sure where the wire goes but it needs to be connected, Possibly a link through for the grill/top or bottom elements depending on oven.

look at the old element and see if you have strike marks on both spade connectors on one side.

Otherwise it will have come off something else and you will need to look in the back. (some of these have very short leads that pull off when the element is removed)

Thanks for the reply. I did try the oven to see if it worked with the wire not connected and it appeared to be ok, element heated up. All the other parts are still working, top oven, grill etc. Do you think there will be a problem if I continue to use it?

I would not use it untill I found where it came from, various other circuits link off of the live supply on the elements.

Sponsored Links
I know this was posted years ago but I have the same issue. The element has 4 connectors but I have 3 wires. 1 black 1 red and 2 reds joined to one. I’m unsure which connector the wires connect to on the element. I’m hoping you got this resolved and are able to advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back