Replacing EPH T27 With Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've decided to replace my old EPH T27 dual zone (water and heating) programmer for a Hive receiver and would appreciate help with the wiring.

I have attached 3 images, 2 showing the current wiring of the T27 and what was noted on the casing and the 3rd is the new Hive receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9135.jpeg
    IMG_9135.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9136.jpeg
    IMG_9136.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9137.jpeg
    IMG_9137.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
That is very naughty the installer has used blue wire for Live links without sleeving them, your hive comes with a wiring diagram, everything is there to transpose to the |Hive backplate, but change those blue links for brown

That is very naughty the installer has used blue wire for Live links without sleeving them, your hive comes with a wiring diagram, everything is there to transpose to the |Hive backplate, but change those blue links for brown
Weirdly, they have sleeved a brown grey?

Hi mate,

Thanks for the response.

After some studying I gathered he was using links (I'm not a spark) and was able to get the receiver installed as there was no need for them in the new receiver. I have the water heating working. However, the one remaining issue I have is that the heating won't come on and I assume that's because I have disconnected the thermostat for the old receiver. I assume that as the thermostat regulates the heating - with it not being connected the system doesn't know what it is supposed to do? I need to figure out how to isolate it from the wiring box in the airing cupboard.

Attachments

• IMG_9146.jpeg
    IMG_9146.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9145.jpeg
    IMG_9145.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Hi mate,

Thanks for the response.

After some studying I gathered he was using links (I'm not a spark) and was able to get the receiver installed as there was no need for them in the new receiver. I have the water heating working. However, the one remaining issue I have is that the heating won't come on and I assume that's because I have disconnected the thermostat for the old receiver. I assume that as the thermostat regulates the heating - with it not being connected the system doesn't know what it is supposed to do? I need to figure out how to isolate it from the wiring box in the airing cupboard.
You should have taken a photo before you removed those three wires at the thermostat, if it was wired correctly you need to join the two brown wires together and isolate the blue wire, you can do this either at the wiring centre or where they are now, but at the wiring centre is best practice

You should have taken a photo before you removed those three wires at the thermostat, if it was wired correctly you need to join the two brown wires together and isolate the blue wire, you can do this either at the wiring centre or where they are now, but at the wiring centre is best practice
I took photographs of everything before starting, bar the stat.

So join the browns using isolation tape or terminal block?

I took photographs of everything before starting, bar the stat.

So join the browns using isolation tape or terminal bl
Just put the blue wire back into terminal marked N and both browns together into terminal 1 and your heating should come on

Just put the blue wire back into terminal marked N and both browns together into terminal 1 and your heating should come on
Thanks Ian. Appreciate the time.

The issue then is that the Hive comes with its own wall mounted stat that will be going there. But as it's wireless it doesn't have a backing plate with terminals. What I have done is tape the two browns together and the heating has come back on. The only blue that comes out into the wiring centre powers the receiver so I am unsure how to isolate it there. Any other suggestions?

An update. I've used a Wago connector to safely join to the two lives at the old thermostat location. The neutral I have just taped off until I get a wire nut and that is as far as my knowledge goes as I can't work out where the neutral is coming from.

Attachments

• IMG_9153.jpeg
    IMG_9153.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 37

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back