Replacing existing toilet with close coupled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4E8ABD0F-96EE-4919-B30A-3754925B69BB.jpeg
I’ve recently moved into my new house and currently renovating the bathroom, previously there was a wall separating the bathroom and WC. I’m only looking for a quick solution so could I remove the current toilet and replace with a close coupled toilet connector with a flexi pan connector, then box in behind so it fits to the wall. As the waste is in the floor im thinking this will be the best method. Would this be do’able? Or should I use a swan neck connector? By no means am I a plumber but I think I could do this as I’ve replaced and moved the radiator to another location and fitted a new basin and shower downstairs.

Sponsored Links
measure the distance from the centre of the soil pipe in the floor to the wall. You can actually still get a small number of bottom-outlet pans that will fit without needing an adaptor.

Mine was about ten inches and I found a Twyford E100 to fit, it's good quality with an effective flush. Many modern foreign imports with a low water volume flush are ineffective at clearing the pan.

Mine came from
https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/13180.htm
and they now have the Alcona (version in top right diagram) for eight-inch spacing.
M-2017-7-5--14-40-26-83.jpg

but there are a few others
You have to be careful to specify the bottom-outlet pan as the horizontal outlet is more usual and often cheaper

if the soil pipe rises out of a solid concrete floor it is a lot of work to move it. If a wooden floor that you can take up, much easier. Modern practice is to have a horizontal pipe so most pans have a horizontal outlet.

edit
they do still have the E100 standard with bottom outlet, it is shown as a no-cost option to order, but no longer have the "premium" BO one
https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/109732.htm
M-2015-2-24--11-21-12-921.jpg

I'm sure any plumbers merchant or high street bathroom showroom could order it from Twyfords, the cost may vary.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back