close-coupled toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone recommend good makes of close-coupled toilets? Considering Vitra, IS and Twyfords ( all 6/4 flushes).

Washing machine is in the utility room directly behind wall the toilet is on so I am assuming that using a flexi connector would not be a good idea due to vibration issues and the connector perhaps vibrating off. Or am I wrong? Are these flexi connectors as good as rigid ones?

Also can anyone let me know whether it is possible to connect a flush to wall close- coupled toilet to a soil pipe in the floor via a rigid connector?( assuming correct fit can be had) . I presume that fitting these particular toilets is difficult due to being unable to see what you are doing.

Sponsored Links
Also can anyone let me know whether it is possible to connect a flush to wall close- coupled toilet to a soil pipe in the floor via a rigid connector?( assuming correct fit can be had) . I presume that fitting these particular toilets is difficult due to being unable to see what you are doing.

It depends on the position of the soil pipe - the distance from the wall. You would have to use a flexi pan connector as you would not get a standard or swan neck in there.

I suppose in theory it it feasible to lower the pan, complete with connector onto the soil but you are not going to know if it is inserted properly because you cannot see or get your hands in.

You can buy pans that are almost back-to-wall which might help a bit. Or one of these:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-wc-con8f-90-flexible-pan-connector-110mm-outlet/28262

Also, make sure the seat is one that fits from the top of the pan, otherwise you would have to remove the whole toilet when replacing.

Sponsored Links
difficult isn`t in it :LOL: I helped an old M8 do his in a cloakroom refurb . had the thing balanced up on bits of 4x2 one of us on the floor guiding connector in and t`other straddling the pan and taking care of the up+ down motion :eek: With his Mrs. laughing outside in the hall :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back