Replacing facias and soffits - wasn’t expecting this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my house was originally built, looks like they’ve basically integrated the original soffits as they’ve built the roof.

The asbestos boards (which I’m being careful with) are fixed to the outer wall skin but wood on top which is in turn nailed to the roof trusses.

Im building an extension which will meet the excising house so I’m not scratching my head on how to do the new facias and soffits. I’m planning to reroof the whole house along with replacing the facias and soffits.

Do I need to remove and then refix all this wood to do the soffits this way again, or is there the possibility of lowering the soffits a couple of cm and fixing a channel to accept the soffit?

The original facia were 20cm deep but the soffit weren’t at the bottom of the facia, but fixed to a wood batten across the trusses.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

FFA06726-4C4F-4E6A-960A-B03FC7AC84AC.jpeg
183D0E33-1E34-4432-9E3C-B8407FBEF044.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back