Replacing fence post with arris tenon joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I have a fence post in a fetheredge fence with arris rails. The post has rotted just above ground and moves with the wind. It is effectively being supported by the two adjacent fend posts.

I have included a picture.

View media item 71829
I think I'll need some cutting device to cut the arris rails from the fence post so I can take down the 2 adjacent fence panels before removing the fence post and replacing it.

This approach would require 4 replacement arris rails to be fitted into the tenon joints present on the adjacent fence post although.

I don't have the tools to make a tenon joint in the replacement fence post I have purchased. What tools would I require to do this?

I see that I can use arris rail brackets to nail the arris rails to the fence posts

Sponsored Links
If you could get good access to the base of the post then you could just dig out and drop in a concrete spur and bolt it to the existing wooden post, rather than having to remake the adjacent sections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back