Replacing first floor decking on balcony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been asked to put decking oil on new decking before it's put in place on the balcony. Is this necessary on treated wood or just on the cuts? 410cm and 32mm thick boards. I noticed there's no gaps between old boards.

How would the batons on metal girders be attached? Although I guess I'll soon see
20230331_121111.jpg
20230331_124849.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'd put it on before; putting it on after can make a right mess

It's not just about preserving; it's a colouring aspect too. If the client asks for it, and you wanna get paid, put it on!

I'd put it on before; putting it on after can make a right mess

It's not just about preserving; it's a colouring aspect too. If the client asks for it, and you wanna get paid, put it on!
Yeah I guess, just gets to me when a job is cancelled after I've painted it on and I can't then take it back.

Could say the same about the customer cancelling after it's fixed down. Money for materials up front and non refundable when they've been painted/paint opened etc?

Sponsored Links
Yes exactly, if you're dipping into your pocket prior to attending site then money upfront is essential.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back