Replacing floor of paving slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm a bit of a simpleton on this sort of thing! I want to replace the floor in my utility which now has a proper roof so it is a bit more of an indoor room. The floor is currently large paving stone that are laid on compacted soil - the floor is not particularly level and slopes down to the back door frame.

If I pull up the slabs, what is my best bet for then laying a level floor? Either reclaimed wooden floorboardsor some tiles. I only have a space of approx 2" from the soil to the bottom of the door frame. Do I need to lay concrete and damp proof membrane or can I lay a wooden frame for the floor?

Any advice appreciated as not sure where to start really.

Cheers.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Unless you're prepared to dig down about at least say 10" and lay a proper floor then forget it. Just leave it as is.

Some epoxy screeds can be applied directly over soil at 35 -40mm and claim no cracking, curling or slumping, adds for Lafarge's Gyvlon comes to mind. I would suggest you do a bit of study on the subject in the first instance though...pinenot :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I think I need to dig down and do a proper floor then. Can't stand the current floor. Need to do a bit of research now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back