Replacing floorboard in middle of room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my floorboards in a bedroom has a corner that has broken away and when you walk you can feel that area sink down a bit.

I believe this happened when previous owner made 2 bedrooms into one and damaged it when removing the sole plate as it was just a partition wall.

I’m not sure if it’s T&G but I suspect it is.

How do I remove just this one T&G board? It doesn’t go up to wall and is bang in the middle of the room.

The way my mind works for T&G is you start at one corner and keeping adding until the room is complete, so I don’t understand how I can just remove one board without removing the rest?

Also what type of flooring should I replace that one board with as I guess I can’t use T&G again, unless I remove all boards?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Crosscut the board above the joists at each end (look for the nails or screws holding the board down) with a (hand) flooring saw or a multitool then cut the tongues out along the edges with the saw or a multitool. Pry out. When it goes back in it may be necessary to support the ends with additional battening affixed to the sides of the joists at the ends

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back