Need to replace chipboard flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace 2 pieces of chipboard floor which have been damaged due to a water leak.

I have only partialy removed the floor covering but the floor panels (13 year old property) dont appear to be screwed or nailed down. Am I right in thinking they have just been glued along the T&G?

I'm going to remove them by cutting down the T&G with a circular saw, so as far as refitting the new ones,

1) One of the boards will only be able to replaced if I cut the T&G off at least one side (They are in the centre of the room, and removing them right up to the wall would mean removal of sink units etc). Will this cause any problems as far as movement goes once they have been layed?

2) What is the best means of securing the new boards? Screwed? Screwed & Glued? If glue should be used then what is the correct type?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back