Replacing floorboards before tiling - WBP Ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Refurbing bathroom and want to tile the floor.

Have done a lot of reading around on this forum and the general consensus appears to be to replace the existing floorboards (1960s property) with 25mm WBP ply (not keen on overlaying to keep the increase in height to a minimum). I will be upgrading under the floor with supporting noggins every 300mm between the joists.

Is there any reason to choose hardwood or softwood ply ?

Does anyone know of any cheap online suppliers ?

Have googled and came up with these:

http://www.dobuilddirect.com/productview/P10072_72.htm

This is a poplar inner with hardwood outer - is this up to the job - several other sites seem to have hardwood ply at 50-60 quid a sheet (never used to be so expensive when I built skateboard ramps as a kid).

I also have a thread running in Building about blocking up a door where my new shower cublicle will be located if anyone has the time - it also has some pics of progress to date and givies a general idea of what im hoping to achieve.

//www.diynot.com/forums/building/bathroom-refit-blocking-up-door.357072/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Emilian

Sponsored Links
that wpb will do you mate, just remember to seal the edges and underside before you screw it down, and screw it down well, fitting sturdy noggins puts you on the right track.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back