Replacing free standing oven with seperate oven and induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in the process of revamping our kitchen, currently we have a free-standing Hotpoint HAE60G which is hardwired into a Protek RCD protected by a 32A MCB, the total load on the current oven is 10.7 kW.

We have chosen a Zanussi Double Oven (ZKHNL3X1) and separate Zanussi Induction Hob (ZITN641K), the oven has a load of 4.3kW and the hob is 7.6kW, both require a separate 32A fuse.

Currently there is a 6mm2 cable that feeds the free standing oven.

I've had two electricians come and take a look, and I get a different response from both of them, one says the existing cable and circuit is Ok, the other one says I'll need a separate 32A circuit with its own 6mm2 cable.

Looking at the diversity calculation of the oven and hob, this would work out as 11900/240 = 49.5A, the demand of the first 10A would then leave 30% of 11.85A, if I then add on the allowance of a 5A socket would give approx. 27A.

I've read on other forums that you can have up to 15kW after applying diversity.

I'm now confused as who to believe , I don't want to embark on unnecessary the hassle of installing new cabling with the the guy pulling up floor boards and then getting a plasterer in , but if it's not needed and as long as its safe and it meets IEE regs.

Many thanks

Jon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back