Replacing Front Door Threshold Seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am getting a new (wooden) front door fitted next week. I want to replace the metal threshold seal thingy - see photo below.

Can anyone tell me the proper name for it, and where I might get it from.

Many thanks,
Dan

of=50,590,442

Sponsored Links
Looking at your photo it seems that the metal strip has been fitted to hide/cover the step and wouldnt provide a good weather seal to the door(i might be wrong).

If you do a google search for 'STORMGUARD' then this will show you what i usually fit on timber doors that i hang.

NOTE TO MODS: I am in no way connected to anything to do with this company,i am just informing Dan as to which weather seal i use.Thanks.

I hope this is of some help to you Dan ;)

That is a door threshold plate

It's not a seal, its just a cover to protect the timber cill. You could knock that one up from some aluminum sheet, or buy a pre-formed brass or s.steel one.

For a threshold seal (to stop the water getting under the door) see the www.stormguard.co.uk site

Or fit a weather bar and rebate the bottom of the door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back