Replacing Gardtec 350 battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of threads about this but none answering it fully.

My gardtec alarm sounds when I switch the ground floor sockets off. I have brought the new battery I just need to know the procedure for changing it....

I think I need to enter engineers code to disable tamper? Then switch off electricity then I can just open up and swap out?

But can anyone say for sure before I make myself unpopular with the neighbours?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
There is a circuit in the external sounder that monitors the electrical supply from the control panel. If this supply is lost, a small NiCad battery inside the sounder activates the alarm. This there to sound the alarm if an intruder cuts the cable to the sounder.

If you enter the engineers code and then open the lid, that will disable the tamper as you have deduced, and all will be quiet. However, if you then turn the mains off, the sounder will still sense the loss of the supply from the control panel and the alarm will go off.

Usually the mains power is left on whilst the battery is swapped. if you do this, be careful not to let the push on connectors touch anything, particularly each other.

Alternatively turn off the mains and swap the battery quickly, when the new one is connected it will normally have some residual charge and silence the alarm.

Thanks stem. I will put in engineer mode and. Then switch off the electricity and do it quickly. Don't fancy risking it!

Stem,

The engineers code I have is 5678 however this doesn't work ... Any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just open panel , turn off internal sounder with code , swap battery , close lid , reset with code , turn off mains to check ! Turn back on mains all done

Open the panel where the battery goes

Enter your code to silence the tamper alarm that should be sounding

Remove the old battery and then fit the new battery, taking care with the polarity

Shut the panel lid

Again enter your code to bring the panel back to the normal Day/Off condition.

DONE

Cheers!! Will have a go tomorrow daytime. I was thinking I needed to use a different code to silence the tamper.

No, you don't. Putting the thing in engineers mode means that you won't get a tamper when you open the panel. If you don't have the E. code, you can just put up with the tamper noise and then use your user code to silence/reset the panel (as sparkymarka and Europlex wrote). The tamper noise should only be indoors (unless you disconnect the battery AND the mains, at the same time).

Thanks!!!
tbh I was mainly concerned about working on it live... I can't put up with the bell for a minute while I swap it... As long as it stops when I've done haha

Just want to say thanks! Was as easy as you all said!

I guess the only surprise was the date on the old battery! 10 - 6 - 99!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back