Replacing Honeywell thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm in the process of decorating and would like to replace my heating thermostat as the housing is cracked and it looks a bit unsightly. I would like a digital one if possible. Could anybody recommend a direct swap for it? The model number is T6360B and there are four wires going to the terminals inside which I've posted a picture of.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Adam

Sponsored Links
Hi Whitespirit,

Thanks for the reply.
I like the second option. It says in the description 2 wire connection. Will it still be ok as mine has 4 wires?

Regards

Adam

Hi Adam

Your current stat has L, switched L, N and Earth. The new stat runs on batteries, so doesn't need all the wires. You will just use your L and swiched L.

The other two should have the bare ends made safe and tucked out of the way inside the stats mounting box.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

I've just ordered it. Doesn't it need an earth either? Which other wire don't I need from the picture I've posted in my album?

Adam

I'd have gone for the CM907. Well, I did go for the CM907. I replaced my 6360 with one a few months ago.

Easy-peasy swap with a little help from the guys on here.

Thanks again.

I've just ordered it. Doesn't it need an earth either? Which other wire don't I need from the picture I've posted in my album?

Adam

No Earth and Neutral required. Common and switch are all you need. Make safe in the wiring centre as well as the stat - it takes all of 2 minutes as its not good practise to just blank them behind the stat.

Hi

Received my new thermostat. The terminals are: A x B y C. Can somebody look at my picture in my folders and tell me which two wires need to go in which two terminals and which two I need to make safe?

Regards

Adam

Hi Whitespirit

Yes that's the one I bought. Thanks a lot. Shall I just make the other two wires safe?

Adam

Yes. If you can, it's also best to disconnect these 2 wires at the other end too. More than likely it will be in the wiring centre/junction box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back