Replacing old Honeywell room thermostat with T6360

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I currently have this same room thermostat (picture borrowed from another website):

and would like to change it, purely for cosmetic reasons, to a Honeywell T6360B.

Two questions before I go ahead and order one...

1. Is it straight forward swap, like for like? Do I literally put the wires in the same terminal numbers? (I don't have a wiring diagram for the old thermostat, and I can't find a model number anywhere)

2. How do I get in to the old thermostat, without breaking it? I only had a quick look at it before I left for work this morning and I didn't see any screw heads.

Many thanks,
Paul.[/img]

Sponsored Links
I would consider purchasing a Honeywell DT90E. It is more accurate than the T6360, which is very old technology, and will save you money.

There should be a screw on the underside of the old stat, or a slot for a small screwdriver. The wiring diagram will probably be on the inside of the cover.

Post which terminals each wire is connected to and we can tell you how to wire your new stat.

I did have a look at the DT90E. It's not far off the same price so I'll do as advised - get the cover off and post details on current wiring configuration.

Many thanks,
Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back