Replacing hot water motorised Zone valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace a two way 22mm motorised Zone valve as I have replaced the motor twice now and it has failed again so I’m assuming the valve is stiff for some reason.

It’s the valve that allows CH water into the HW cylinder to heat it. Is there a truck to create an airlock so I don’t have to drain the whole system down to change it?

Also I disconnected the wiring as the motor was making an annoying buzzing sound I manually opened the valve but have no HW does the valve need to be in the circuit to allow the controller to fire the boiler?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Sponsored Links
1. If it is a vented hot water system, you will need to drain down below the level of the valve, unless you can freeze the pipes.
2. If it is an unvented hot water system, you are not allowed to work on it. The valve is part of the safety system and requires a G3 registered technician.
3. The manual control normally does not go over far enough to operate the micro switch which fires the boiler.

1. If it is a vented hot water system, you will need to drain down below the level of the valve, unless you can freeze the pipes.
2. If it is an unvented hot water system, you are not allowed to work on it. The valve is part of the safety system and requires a G3 registered technician.
3. The manual control normally does not go over far enough to operate the micro switch which fires the boiler.

Hi

Many thanks, it’s a vented system so I shouldn’t have even changed the valve motor?

Jon

Sponsored Links
If open vented you can bung the system so you don't have to drain, if it's pressurised you won't have to drain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back