Motorised Valve Testing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have Honeywell 2 Port Zone Valve V4043H 1106.

Initially we used to get the Very Hot Water. The boiler was on all the time. On checking I found that the Motorised valve was stuck on the OPEN position. On tapping the Valve the stick moved to the AUTO position. Then the valve worked fine for a month or so.

Now the valve stays closed sometimes and water does not get hot. If I manually open the Valve, the water gets hot and valve works fine for few days. When I open the vave manually It is stiff and makes ticking noise.

I know that the valve or motor needs changing? Can some body tell how to check whether the VALVE is Faulty or not? If I can get away with just changing the motor, it will be lot easier than chaning the whole Valve.

Regards

Sponsored Links
with the problems you describe with the valve sticking open etc i would say its more like the spindle is seizing rather than a faulty motor.

Seco is probably correct in his diagnosis but if you want to make sure, why not remove the motorised head from the valve and see it it functions correctly when it's not trying to drive the valve?

with the problems you describe with the valve sticking open etc i would say its more like the spindle is seizing rather than a faulty motor.

Thank you Seco Services, Is there any way of oiling or repairing the valve without taking it off? Kind regards

Sponsored Links
Seco is probably correct in his diagnosis but if you want to make sure, why not remove the motorised head from the valve and see it it functions correctly when it's not trying to drive the valve?

Thank you OilLecky for your advise, I think Seco is right with his diagnosis. Next time it gets stuck, I will test the mostorised head as you have suggested. Best Regards

Thank you OilLecky for your advise, I think Seco is right with his diagnosis. Next time the valve gets stuck, I will test the mostorised head as you have suggested. Best Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back