Faulty Tower motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My system has a Tower motorised valve which when the system is switched to hot warter only closes. However recently when the system is shut down for a short while and restarted , with hot water still in the system, the valve does not open fully. The valve gkas an indicator on the motor showing iy's position. I turned the valve to manual and everything works fine, the family say better than ever.

Now the question do motorised valves detoriate or just die?
Would a replacement motor be better than the orriginal?

I am happy to leave it in manual mode as I have a good willis imersion heater for hotwater boost.

Sponsored Links
They tend to just die, having said that, it may be working better now in manual as it could have been struggling for a while before giving up. Replacement motors are even available in B&Q these days if you don't have a local plumbers merchant; around £15.

mmmm...well i had one the other day,( no ch snag) that was "fading away" as opposed to die. i took suspect one off, powered up. turned ok. banged new one on, and it just seemed slightly faster. so changed motor. gotta say they normally "die" .

screwfix do em for 7squid, and to beat the £45 free postage barrier buy 6/7 of them :cool: :LOL: :D :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i am joking by the way. :eek:
buy one , and loads of white paint to get to free postage barrier. :eek:

mods!! has uzbekistan not got a flag???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back