Replacing Hotpoint HT303i door seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Hotpoint HT303i refrigerator, and the door has started not sealing properly when shut. Not always, but often enough for it to be a nuisance.

I've cleaned the seal, and discovered a 30 cm split at the bottom.

I've found a replacement seal direct from Hotpoint here: https://parts.hotpoint.co.uk/product/model_HT303I/Gaskets-Seals/J00105464 but am wondering how to replace it. I've checked and it doesn't appear as though the current seal will come off easily. It seems to be glued to the door.

I found one eSpares video suggesting cutting off old seals if this is the case, and there *should* be a gap underneath to fit the new seal, but I'm apprehensive about doing this, as if there isn't one the fridge won't have any seal at all. I've tried the hoptpoint spares customer support, but they're not trained to give technical advice!

Any ideas, or any way I can check?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back