Replacing huge radiator with a smaller one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a huge 1950 x 500 old double radiator in my dining room which is currently being converted into a kitchen/diner - the room is now about 6.4 x 5 metres and calculated btu required is around 6500 (I know this isn't probably exact).

I want to replace the rad with a smaller one, probably a 300mm high low-level one and probably 1.2m long (Double or single not sure yet), outputs are
around 2000 - 4000 for the ones I've been looking at.

Is the only consequence of this that it won't kick out as much heat? I know this is probably a daft question.

Sponsored Links
That will be the only consequence if it`s installed correctly ;)

That's great cheers, was going to have it removed completely to free up space as the room hardly ever cools down and radiator is never on but think i need to retain something for winter especially as i've took the fireplace out as well this weekend!

Cheers again.

Sponsored Links
If you are that concerned about heating outputs (bearing in mind that a kitchen area is not where one might normally sit still for long and has numerous other sources of heat - fridges/washingmachines/ovens etc) consider a kick-space heater for fitting under a cabinet.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back