Replacing immersion element who should i buy from

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a soft water area and i am going to be replacing the immersion element shortly for one the correct length. Does anyone have any experience of either of these

https://www.screwfix.com/p/tesla-copper-immersion-heater-element-27/53858

https://www.toolstation.com/copper-immersion-heater-resettable-thermostat/p40149

The screwfix one appears to come with the washer needed, the tool station one is hard to find info on. Dont know if it comes with washer, site doesnt say what wattage it is. It is slightly cheaper than the screwfix as the delivery is free.

But i dont want to buy if its rubbish.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure any immersions are little better than "rubbish" today....I've fitted titanium and they haven't lasted much longer.
Shortest life I've had was 18 months...and when I pulled it out it looked like it had been in the sea for 10 years.
They always come with a washer in my experience.
It's luck...

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for the replies. Regarding the life span of the elements i should have said it wont be used on a regular basis its only for back-up or to give a bit of a boost when the gas boiler is busy heating the radiators.

Gasguru, I think the problem with lots of todays stuff is that the minimum amount of material is used that they can get away with, resulting in stressed parts and components that give up the ghost before there time.

Andy, i looked at the Titanium version at screwfix but was disappointed that it still only had the 1yr warranty, had it have been 2yr i probably would have gone for it.

Sponsored Links
Whilst we were fully in the EU we had a 2 year warranty (regardless what the merchant might argue)...not sure whether the UK is still harmonised.
It would be nice to think that after this current shambles that the madness of Globalisation can be reigned in and we can get back to manufacturing quality elements again here.

Never new that with the 2yr guarantee, yer learn some thing everyday hey. Quality products, i hope so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back