Replacing immersion heater booster switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a timelag switch to replace my existing immersion heater booster switch, as we are always leaving it on, but the new one has different connectors. The current one has marked N1, N2, L1, and L2:
But the new one has two "N", and S/L and Live. Presumably N1 and N2 map to the two"N" connectors and it doesnt matter which one goes to which, is that correct? As for the lives, AFAIK L1 is the switched live, so I'm planning on connecting the L1 wires to S/L and L2 to "Live".
Sound reasonable? Sorry for the beginner's question, but even though I'm fairly confident I know what I'm doing, I'd like to avoid blowing up our electrics! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks for confirming - the other flex goes to an adjacent switch that controls the shower pump. The two can be switched off/on independently of each other and I plan on keeping the same configuration

Sponsored Links
Looking at the product on the Danler's website.

It does not incorporate a means of isolation for the heater, So you really need to retain the existing isolator as well as the new controller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back