1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing leaking radiator

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by rogerfromnorwich, 20 Mar 2009.

1. rogerfromnorwich

rogerfromnorwich

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone help?
    I have a leaking radiator which needs replacing but one of the lockshield valves on the rad has totally seized up. I cannot find the drain off tap for the central heating system and I don't think there is one fitted, so has anyone got any ideas on how I can drain the system to allow me to change the rad? Any help would be great;y appreciated!

Regards
    Roger

2. seco services

seco services

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    use a self cutting drain tap then you can fit a draincock.

[​IMG]

3. Sponsored Links
  4. hut27

hut27

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, Drain another rad' with valves that do work, Which is Lower,or same level as problem Rad'. Then using a Radiator Valve Union Tail, connect hose and drain. Your'e going to have to buy at least one new valve anyway which can be the source of your "Tail" to use. Don't forget to add Inhibitor to system on completion.

5. rogerfromnorwich

rogerfromnorwich

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help. I'll try what you suggest.
    Regards
    Roger

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links