Replacing lights above a bath and shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother has had his bathroom renovated (two rooms knocked into one). This is an ex council house and they have two pendant lights in the bathroom, one above the bath / shower and one over the other side near the toilet. I told them this was very dangerous and have bought them two 12v class III downlighters suitable for use in shower / bathrooms. My question is, is there anything special I should be doing?

My plan is to just wire the lights as a direct replacement ensuring a good seal between the light, rubber gasket and the plaster on the ceiling, do the lights need to be on a special circuit?

Any other tips / gotchas?

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
Are the lights LV or SELV ?
Is there an IP rating on them?

Also are you aware that a year and a bit ago, two shags made this kinda work notifiable to your local building control office (under part p of the building regs) ? :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back