halogen downlights over shower/bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to put 4 halogen downlights in my bathroom. 2 of these will be over the bath/shower mixer. do i need a special type of downlight because of the excessive moisture/steam above the shower or just basic downlights?

Sponsored Links
yes! u need sealed ip65 d'lights, low voltage, expect to pay around £15 for the complete setup.

i just live down the road from you. can you recommend where to by them from?

Sponsored Links
where abouts are you im going to durham at 2.30. do you do them in chrome 50w 4 packs

yes we do polished and brushed chrome, 50w lamps, 60va transformer, and fitting, put ur email address on here and i'll tell u where i'm at.

Hi - not exactly related, but I have some recessed halogen lights fitted in an ensuite but am unsure how to replace the bulb & don't want to pull them apart - any hints on how to get the bulb out ?
Normal recessed lights have a metal clip, but I cannot see anything on these & I'm afraid I don't know what make they are.

Any clues anyone ?

If they don't have a clip then the lamps are probably 'held' in part of the light fitting which if you twist to one side should drop down
SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back