Replacing locked-shut window-handle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The handle has locked shut but there's no screw there so i can't get into it as in photo; what could I do to fix it if I unscrewed it apart it anyway?

Attachments

• 20230612_173630.jpg
    20230612_173630.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 36
Sponsored Links
One screw is under the white cover cap, the other screw becomes visible when you lift the handle, if your saying ther handle won't then it needs forcing, i've come across 5 handles of this same make in the last 2 weeks where the push button has failed and won't push in, one was on my own house. Just push the handle up using brute force, you will need a new handle but it gets your window open, google search espag handles for a match although any espag handle will work

Sponsored Links
A stanley knife blade, a small flat screwdriver, kitchen knife, it only pushes on

so it's here to hide a screw, i get it thanks. So wreck the handle and unscrew it and then just screw in a replacement handle?

The plastic push button will break first allowing the handle to open
Thanks, is it easy to put a new handle on after youve used brute force and then unscrewed the dodgy one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back