Replacing loose tiles around shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a row of 3 to 4 inch high cut tiles around my shower tray, which i have had to remove due to water getting in and loosening them, unfortunately the surface plaster (top layer) behind the tiles was destroyed by water and has also come away, i have cleared everything away and I am left with a solid base of main plaster which is now bone dry, no other tiles are affected, grouting and adhesive is solid.

I am now left with a 3 or 4 inch gap to replace the tiles, and the surface of the wall is below the level required to add the tiles to line the surface up with the rest of the wall. If i attempt to replace the top coat of the plaster in the 3 inch gap it's going to be a complete pain and probably make a right mess, I'm looking for ideas of how to do this please and thanks in advance for the advice.

My first thought was to use a good quality tile adhesive to build up the surface of the wall, and to make sure the whole lot is sealed properly with good quality grout and sealant.

Thanks
Mark.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back