replacing old boile with condensing vaillant ecomax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
have got query with regards to above and new regulations,

with the new regulations, I have to purchase a condensing boiler, with this also I need to have thermostatic radiator valves(TRV) and room thermostat, now have had few quotes, one engineer advise that I do NOT need to fit the TRV in all rooms, he said kitchen and bathroom dont need them, and one of the room do not need it if it has got the room thermostat. Is this ok or allowed.

Sponsored Links
yes the engineer is correct, to comply with part l building reg,s the basic requirements are; trv,s in bedrooms, room stat, preferably a programmable room stat,

Sponsored Links
bobw1956 said:
by the way you,ve choosen one of the best boilers on the market

Maybe they are for the cheaper market, not a patch on the more expensive market

basic requirements for a combi boiler ( condensing ) trv's on all rads, except in rooms with a room stat,boiler interlock, auto by-pass if not fitted in boilr & a time switch,
best practice........all above except change the room stat for a programmable room stat
:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back