Condensing boilers..... or not?

S

sturharv

Does anyone know 'when' and 'when not' to install condensing boilers. If you are looking to replace a standard efficiency boiler with a new one does it have to be replaced with a condensing type, I have heard people saying "they may not be the most economical option" ! Is this regulation only applicable to domestic houses, or boilers under a certain output.

Finally, controls, if the installation has only got TRV's i.e. no room thermostat do you need to put a stat. in, even if you just want to replace the boiler?

Sponsored Links
In most cases it is required by law now to fit a high efficency boiler, the regs dont say theyhave to be condensing but have to have a certain efficency rating which almost always means condensing anyway.

This applies in all domestic premises at the moment.

James

Yes, they must be replaced with a condensing boiler.
Yes, you do need a thermostat on the wall (but "NO" TRV in the same room)

Sponsored Links
sturharv said:
Does anyone know 'when' and 'when not' to install condensing boilers. If you are looking to replace a standard efficiency boiler with a new one does it have to be replaced with a condensing type, I have heard people saying "they may not be the most economical option" ! Is this regulation only applicable to domestic houses, or boilers under a certain output.

Finally, controls, if the installation has only got TRV's i.e. no room thermostat do you need to put a stat. in, even if you just want to replace the boiler?

Has to be a condenser. There are gets outs, but difficult to meet.

If you fit a Baxi 130He combi you can fit TRVs on all rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back