Thermostat on condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed a condensing boiler and am enquiring whether the boiler thermostat should be set at low or high for maximum efficiency

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just joined the forum. Should have stated that a registered installer fitted the boiler in my own home but has went ski ing and unable to contact him. Was looking for advice . NOT SARCASM!!!!

Did he notify CORGI and have they sent you their blue Certificate?

Did he fill in the benchmark Certificate which came with the boiler?

Clearly he did not explain the operation of the controls! Did he tick the Benchmark to confirm that he had excplained the controls to the customer?

Maybe he left the Benchmark blank as an indication that he was an unregistered cowboy?

Tony

Did he notify CORGI and have they sent you their blue Certificate?

Did he fill in the benchmark Certificate which came with the boiler?

Clearly he did not explain the operation of the controls! Did he tick the Benchmark to confirm that he had excplained the controls to the customer?

Maybe he left the Benchmark blank as an indication that he was an unregistered cowboy?

Tony

great minds think alike
funny how some people can't reach the installer when they have a quesion or a problem.

I have recently installed a condensing boiler and am enquiring whether the boiler thermostat should be set at low or high for maximum efficiency

....sometimes it is just poorly written and, in this instance, perhaps what he meant to say is "I have recently had installed etc,etc". Just by adding the word 'had' puts a totally different meaning on the sentence.

I also have had a condensing boiler installed recently (by a registered Corgi installer) and have all the relevant certificates. The installer only explained that if the radiators got too hot to touch then I could turn the thermostat down on the boiler. He did not inform me that it should be set low for maximum efficiency!!! I was under the impression that when the CH is required in winter it is best to have the boiler thermostat turned up full, and that when only hot water is required in the summer it is best to turn it down. Those are the user instructions I was given to go with the combi boiler (a Worcester 24i Junior RSF) that is installed in my static (holiday) caravan!

that would match pretty nicely with my statement that installers who advise the 24i junior, generally don't particularly care to do a proper job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back