Replacing old Boiler costs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would I be right in thinking changing an older type boiler with a new boiler of the old way of doing central heating to supply and fit would be £1000'ish?
Now the adverts that appear in my Facebook are all talking about condensing boilers and saving on gas but look as if would cost £3000 to £4000.
I'm wondering if the extra money will be covered by the saving on gas?
I do like the idea of just a simple boiler change and not having the whole house messed up with changes to pipework etc.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So looking at a Logic 15, is in the region of £1k just for the boiler, not counting any upgrade of pipes or pipework alterations.

Would I be right in thinking changing an older type boiler with a new boiler of the old way of doing central heating to supply and fit would be £1000'ish?
Now the adverts that appear in my Facebook are all talking about condensing boilers and saving on gas but look as if would cost £3000 to £4000.
I'm wondering if the extra money will be covered by the saving on gas?
I do like the idea of just a simple boiler change and not having the whole house messed up with changes to pipework etc.
I don't think you can get a non-condensing boiler these days. But the only extra you need is somewhere to run the condensate.

The present Ideal Elan has given excellent service sad to hear you think present one not up to much.

Ive come across plumbers with youtube channels talking about £2,000 to £2,500 to fit a direct replacement

but any prices Ive heard about in my area (Sussex) the price is more like £3,000 to £4,000

if current building regs are followed and a full power flush is done -that takes a fair while to do and prob costs around £500

You could stick your details into boxt and get an idea of price (its by no means a recommendation)

Note: Im not a heating engineer, so could be completely wrong

Yes have just tried BOXT and similar sites Unknown to me names are from £2500 for a combi and removal cylinder and feeder tanks and rearrange ed piping, with the known names around £3500 all in fixed prices.
With some clarification if Cylinder/feed tanks are taken away.
One firm wants full payment with order, a bit off putting, others do not state terms of payment prior to order.

PS.
They all say they are Combi boilers. No mention of Condensing boilers, I'm wondering why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back