Replacing old Texecom system with Simplisafe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, recently moved into a property that has a Texecom alarm system (I think it's a Premier Elite V6). I think it was first installed back in 2013. I'm considering removing it to replace with a more modern smart solution and I'm considering Simplisafe. Is it better to try to upgrade the existing system instead?

Sponsored Links
It won’t be a V6 elite from 2013 …..press menu 4 on the keypad and it show the version ….personally I wouldn’t go anywhere near the likes of ….simplisafe / ring/ verisure as they have total control over you and as ring users have found put up the prices !

2013 could be have been an early elite and been flashed up over time, but if that is the case it may want to consider updating the panel to a more modern build version.

Menu 4 certain the best way to find out what they have currently.

The keypad isn’t working. I also don’t have the codes for this thing as the previous owners didn’t provide them as far as I can tell.

In the cupboard there’s a larger alarm box with the words Premier Elite v5 on it.

There’s also an SD1 box with some buttons on it.

Sponsored Links
So the alarm display was blank. I press the 4 button to wake it up and the screen is illuminated but blank. Does this mean the batter needs changing?

wireless keypads normally require a buttopn press to wake it up, guessing it is a wireless keypad and there isnt enough power to fully power it up.

Take 4 x lithium AA 1.5V

hard wired keypads have an active and background screen brightness, however you would expect to see some characters on the screen all the time.

Given that I do not have the pin to disarm this alarm, I’m wary of opening things in case I set off the tamper alarm.
I think I just need to get an engineer out to recommission the thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back