replacing old valves for trv's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i'm about to be replacing my old radiator valves for trv's. however i have a theory in my head that the trv needs to go the opposite end of the bleed screw in the rad is this right or does it not matter which end i put them.
also am i to leave 1 radiator without a trv, i've heard that you leave the radiator with the thermostat near. however in a couple of weeks we're having a combi system fitted with a wirless thermostat.

can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Don't matter what end the bleed screw is.
As for the room stat don't matter if its wired or wireless still don't have a trv on the rad in that room.

Most TRV's are 'bi-directional' now - i.e. can be put on flow or return, but better to be on flow if you can imho

Sponsored Links
hi there agian so i finally got the trv's fitted couple of hiccups yesterday. however im having trouble bleeding system. i emptied the whole system and seems to not be filing up. where do i start the refill process?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back