Replacing PIr with pull cord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Good afternoon.

Just a quick question, I want to replace the PIR in our hallway with a pull cord.

The wires going into the PIR are Brown, Black and Gray. If I want to wire these up to a standard pull cord switch. Where would these colour wires go?

I’m assuming drown is live. But where would black and gray connect to please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Please find picture attached

Attachments

• BA8954D5-2C2A-4FC5-94CD-22A177CAE47E.jpeg
    BA8954D5-2C2A-4FC5-94CD-22A177CAE47E.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 144
Sponsored Links
Oh, no markings at all, that's not much help. Perhaps someone else will recognise it.
Is it just wishful thinking on the part of my eyes, or are their possibly some markings underneath the conductors (look just to the left of the brown (on right - apologies for messing up colours in attempt to improve contrast!), just below the terminal) ...

upload_2018-1-27_14-39-48.png

Kind Regards, John

God knows.

However, if you can find the neutral or N, put that in a seperate connector block on it's own, and the remaining two wires will go the the two terminals on the switch.

Ideally, the bare earth wire that I assume has been cut out, goes to the earth terminal.

(Pull switches are typically plastic, but any metal work must be connected to earth.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back