Replacing radiator with towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Have looked around about this and seems fairly straightforward with inlet/outlet coming up vertically from under the floor. However we are in a new build house and the supply to our radiators comes through the wall from behind the radiator.

Is this still a fairly straightforward procedure or does it require more advanced plumbing?

Many thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Think again. Towel rails look good but not enough surface area for required heat output

I am getting increasing number of calls to replace these silly towel covers these days

My wife wanted a towel rail. I picked one with maximum output ( that was woefully short required), fitted the rail. Soon thereafter I was in the doghouse for not listening to her that she wanted a proper radiator fitted to heat the bathroom again

Yup, agree. Towel rail rads are good for one thing IMO, warming towels.

If the rad is for space heating too then you need to look at a combined unit or buy a towel rail that sits above the standard rad.

Sponsored Links
I have towel rads in both bathrooms and they're the warmest room in the house.
I keep the trv on 1 to avoid sweating when going for a toilet break

Various thoughts on pros and cons of towel rads.

Is there a formal name for this type of setup where the inlet/outlet comes through the wall rather than through the floor?

Thanks

Don't think there's a formal name for the setup, but most people refer to it as 'corner pattern', especially with regards to the rad valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back